The CISO’s Guide to Security Compliance (with PAM)
The regulatory landscape is growing, with strict requirements and standards for data handling, process, and policy. Fortunately for busy C-level IT security administrators, privileged access management (PAM) responds to many compliance aspects found in a variety of standards.
C-Level Cybersecurity Concerns
- 62% of global CEOs say cyber threats are an increasing concern for their organization’s growth
- Cyber threats are among the top 5 threats on CEOs’ minds (alongside skills shortage, energy costs, etc.)
- Top threats cited by C-level executives are breaches of data privacy and ethics, and IT outages and disruptions
- GDPR – which goes into effect the 25th of May, 2018 – impacts every business that handles the data of EU citizens
With everyone’s minds on the growing threat of cyber attacks and the ever-increasing list of regulations organizations are subject to, efficiency is of the utmost importance in implementing cybersecurity policy. CISOs need to get their security tools and processes nailed down, fast.
Privileged Access Management Streamlines Compliance
Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) are often responsible for overseeing IT compliance for their organizations. Regulatory controls affect many areas of business, but most especially cybersecurity and access management.
PAM is cybersecurity, simplified.
PAM – privileged access management – is one of the most important security tools in order to speed up compliance with tough regulations. PAM is cybersecurity, simplified. This is critical for CISOs, which has much to do and little time to waste on over-complicated technologies.
Achieve Security Compliance Fast with PAM
Most security regulations and standards touch on cybersecurity via access control. Monitoring and limiting who has access to which IT resources at any given time is a consistent requirement across industry and government standards, including GDPR, ISO 27001, NIS, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, and SOX, among others.
Privileged Access Management is, by definition, a solution that controls access. Thus, a strong PAM solution delivers effective security and compliance to a wide array of regulations, in one fell swoop. The WALLIX Bastion PAM solution provides comprehensive administrative control, activity monitoring, and audit capabilities for proof of compliance when regulators come knocking.
A strong PAM solution delivers effective security and compliance to a wide array of regulations, in one fell swoop.
WALLIX Bastion for Fast Compliance
The WALLIX PAM solution is flexible and easy to integrate within any IT infrastructure, facilitating quick and efficient implementation of cybersecurity processes, and thus quick compliance.
PAM responds to a variety of critical compliance factors:
- GDPR requires data privacy by design. PAM controls which users are authorized to handle private data, and can shut down inappropriate actions.
- GDPR requires reporting and proof of compliance. WALLIX PAM offers an unalterable audit trail of actions, privileged users, and accounts.
- ISO 27001 requires a password management system. The Password Vault component of PAM ensures strong passwords and eliminates the need to share resource credentials.
- ISO 27001 requires the restriction of privileged access rights. PAM offers a single point of user access control to grant and revoke privileges at any time.
No matter the industry, from public utilities or hospitals to retail giants and insurance firms, CISOs are facing increasing threats from both inside and outside the organization. Regulators at the industry and government levels are responding with more stringent regulations. The WALLIX Bastion privileged access management solution streamlines compliance and the security of data and servers with an all-in-one, easy-to-integrate, lightweight solution.
Learn more in the CISO’s Guide to Regulatory Compliance!